I met a very kind couple today when I was visiting my vet. The couple had come in with a mamma rabbit & her one month old baby boy. Here are a few things I found endearing about them:
1. Both the rabbits were rescues. There were 4 more babies who perished, but this couple was able to save one of them.
2. The husband claimed not to be an animal person, and yet here he was, holding on to the little rabbit baby, accompanying his wife to the clinic, all because she was tensed. He was dressed to go to office, & decided to forego that, to prioritise the well-being of 2 little lives.
3. They found out today that the mamma rabbit was pregnant again, something that they weren’t prepared for. Yet, they are putting in their time, efforts & care to ensure she is taken care of.
4. Their biggest worry in this phase of demonetisation is how to find enough change to give to their vegetable vendor, to be able to buy the rabbits’ favourite vegetables, on a daily basis.
5. Just before they were about to leave the clinic, the baby rabbit peed on the husband. While the husband was looking for a cloth to clean his t-shirt, the wife’s first reaction was to clean the baby rabbit’s box. And the husband took it lightly as well.
Even though the husband kept saying he isn’t an animal person, he was the one cuddling with, & caring for the rabbits while his wife was busy taking medical advise. We also got to know that he is now the first one to tear up when something happens to any of the pets that his wife keeps bringing home, much to even his wife’s surprise.
It is difficult to find a decent partner. It is even more difficult to find someone who not only accepts your love for other beings, but gives in to embrace it as well. To all those people who have given in to their partner’s madness & knowingly or unknowingly, happen to own some bit of it now, you are truly wonderful! 😊
Here’s a pic of the baby rabbit, named Baby Boo, peeking out of his make shift carry box. Let him make your evening ❤️